Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hoop is so Happening!!! & One of the top fitness trends! Join in!

Our awesome, multitalented and ohhhh so fine Rebecca DeShon teaches Hoopdance every Saturday here at Pera Dance. We're delighted to share with you her thoughts on this fun, effective and fantastic dance art.


Through hoop dance I have found a calming centering meditation which helps me release the negative energy and make space for prosperity and bliss. Hoop dance builds core strength, tones your entire body, provides an intense cardio workout, increases energy, develops balance and coordination, increases flexibility, clears and quiets the mind, reduces stress, improves self confidence, generates joy and laughter, improves one’s mood, and opens up creative self expression.  After spending time in your hoop will find yourself more joyful with a lot less stress! Hooping is beautiful, transforming and mesmerizing ...you just may find yourself hooked!!! Your hoop is a useful tool for fun, fitness, meditation or playful sensuality! The possibilities are endless for body, mind and spirit to reconnect in the infinite circle.

Hula hooping has changed my life in so many ways. I never thought it could ever have such a profound impact on my life! It went from something I once perceived as a gimmick to a true healthy obsession in my life! It has lifted me out of the depths of self loathing depression by opening up my heart and mind to creative self expression! The hoop is such a soothing rhythm, it quickly turned into my ‘moving meditation’. it helps to center my energy and gives me time to clear my head and focus my energy.

I began hooping in the summer of 2008 and through constant practice and effort, acquired my Hoopnotica Certified Teacher certificate in the late fall of that year. I had been teaching and performing in NY until home called me back to Atlanta in the winter of 2009. My life hasn’t been the same since; I want to share the beauty I have found in hoop dance with everyone I meet.

Join this fun fitness movement every Saturday 11am

HoopDance with Rebecca DeShon
1015 Collier Rd Atlanta GA 30318
Atlanta GA 30318
404.355.0807

No comments:

Post a Comment